Lawn Insect Control
Lawn Insect Control Service
If your lawn suffers from a terrible insect infestation, Benchmark Turf Management is here to give professional lawn care services in Wesley Chapel, FL and the surrounding areas. Our team of highly trained and certified technicians fully understand what it takes to rid your lawn of unwanted pests and all types of insect infestations, from ants to grubs, chinch bugs, fleas, and more. Call us today at (813) 701-6999 to speak to one of our friendly lawn care experts.
Insects are an essential part of the ecosystem, but when they invade your lawn, they can do a great deal of damage. Most lawn insects feed directly on the turfgrass blades, causing them to turn brown and die. As their population increases, so does damage to your lawn. If left untreated, some insect infestations can become serious enough that you may need to have portions or all of your lawn removed and replaced. This is an expensive option, but with the help of Benchmark Turf Management, you can keep your lawn healthy and damage-free at a fraction of the cost.
Common Lawn Insects in Florida
Florida is home to many species of insects, including those that feed on lawns. Some of the most common species that Florida homeowners should be aware of include:
- Sod Webworms – These tiny worms are gray or brown and can be found in plain view hidden beneath layers of grass clippings. They can cause damage to your lawn by eating small patches of grass. You may also find their fecal pellets intermixed with the webs they produce while feeding on the leaves.
- Fire Ants – These small red or black ants can quickly become a nuisance when they start to build their mound-like colonies in your yard. Fire ants are aggressive and will sting if threatened, so it is best not to get too close while trying to treat them.
- Mole Crickets – Mole crickets are light brown colored insects that look similar to the more common grasshopper. The main characteristic that differentiates them from grasshoppers is their impressive digging skills, allowing them to build tunnels under your lawn’s surface. They feed on the root system of your lawn causing serious damage if left unchecked.
- Chinch Bugs – Chinch bugs are small brown insects that feed on grass during its critical period of growth. They look like little brown beetles and can cause damage to the turf itself. If your lawn has an irregular patch of dead grass, it is a sure sign of chinch bug activity.
- Grub Worms – Grub worms are small, white-colored insects with a worm-like appearance that live under the surface of your lawn. They feed on the roots of the grass during the summer months, causing yellowing patches and thinning turf growth.
Safe and Effective Lawn Insect Control Services
Benchmark Turf Management is always on call to provide professional lawn insect control services in Wesley Chapel, FL and the surrounding areas. Insect control is not something you can do on your own, as it requires specialized products and equipment to stop and prevent any future infestations. It is highly recommended that you call a knowledgeable lawn care company like Benchmark Turf Management if you suspect an infestation of any kind. Our team of professionals is trained to handle lawn insect control and will help save you time, money, and effort in the process.
Contact Benchmark Turf Management at (813) 701-6999 to schedule a free initial consultation today.